lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] std includes

From: Timmy Brolin
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] std includes
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:53:09 +0200

Simon Goldschmidt skrev 2011-07-14 15:01:
> Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Yes, there isn't a simple solution that will solve both, so lets not
>> worry about solving either/both, but instead give lwIP the most sensible
>> include order.  To me this is system includes first, lwIP includes
>> second.  Is there a counter argument to doing the includes in that
>> order?
> To me it always was the other way round as I can then be sure that the (lwIP)
> header files do not depend on the system/library files:
>
> I think at least the "self-include" (i.e. in udp.c, "#include udp.h") should
> be the first include in a C file.
Even the self-include often depends on other files for data type
definitions. It could even depend on the standard library for some types
and constants.

I am absolutely not suggesting that lwIP should change because of this
little incompatibility with my compiler environment.
If it should change, then it has to be for other reasons. One potential
reason could be that having the standard library includes first would be
according to dependency order.

/Timmy Brolin