lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip tcp hangup

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip tcp hangup
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:33:09 +0200

Yugal Kishore Gupta wrote:

That’s true. You need a public facing IP to do the scan.

Well, that's a pity then. I could try to somehow connect an lwIP device to my cable line at home, though... How often do they allow you to do the scan, anyway?

I can see that after scan I have at least 6 pcb staying for forever in CLOSE_WAIT state even there is no communication and after that I can not access the web server as there is no connection after that. I can still ping my device successfully.

So this seems TCP- or httpd-related. What's strange to me is that the httpd should kill old connections (active or inactive) when running out of PCBs , but that would assume that http_state_alloc() can return as least as much items as there are TCP PCBs (i.e. for HTTPD_USE_MEM_POOL==1, MEMP_NUM_HTTPD_STATE >= MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB; for HTTPD_USE_MEM_POOL, the heap must provide enough bytes to the httpd, i.e. MEMP_NUM_TCP_PCB * sizeof(struct http_state)).

Could you check again with these settings? If that succeeds, we might have to kill the oldest HTTP connection when http_state_alloc() fails (which would be a good idea, anyway).

Thanks for your help.

Simon