lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Add support for outgoing VLAN tags?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Add support for outgoing VLAN tags?
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:28:28 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since 1.4, lwip supports incomming VLAN tagged frames.
> Is there any interest in also adding support for VLAN tagging of outgoing
> frames for QoS purposes?

I guess it hasn't been added yet since no one knew how outgoing VLAN support
should look like. for example, I wouldn't have thought that it would be useful
to support different VLAN tags on the same IP address. Instead, I would have
added multiple netifs each with their own IP address or subnet and assigned a
VLAN tag to the netif.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to add a new argument in all the output functions for
everybody for such a seldom used feature. Isn't there another way to implement
this?

Simon