lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Add support for outgoing VLAN tags?

From: Dance, Brian
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Add support for outgoing VLAN tags?
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:37:32 +0000

On a Windows machine I have a VLAN capable Network Card.    When the (Intel)
driver is configured for VLAN use  the windows control panel shows a network
interface for each vlan.   Programs using sockets are unaffected.

In the lwip contect the netif structure at the equivalent level to the Windows
netowrk interface.   I think this means that there is a possible vlan output
implementation for lwip based on adding vlan/qos info to netif without any
socket changes.

Below the socket level it will be necessary to locate the correct netif to use
for output.  I would expect different vlans to be using different subnets so ip
routing can determine which netif to use using destination ip address.

Brian