lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Add support for outgoing VLAN tags?

From: Dance, Brian
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Add support for outgoing VLAN tags?
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:37:35 +0000

Hi,

   I am very interested in support for outgoing vlan tags.

   I had an outline plan to implement it myself. The plan was
   1. Add a field to the Netif structure for vlan id with default setting for
no vlan.
   2. Add a function to allow the vlan field to be set.  This would only be
called if the interface was to be associated with the vlan.
   3. Add code to use the netif structure vlan field to generate the frame vlan
tag if the vlan field was set.

 If there is a plan to add outgoing vlan support  when might it be released?

Regards

Brian