lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SYS mbox

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SYS mbox
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:55:32 +0100

Per Klint <address@hidden> wrote:

> So my question is what will happen to those messages? Will they be
> lost forever or will the lwip-stack retry again later?

Yes, they will be lost, that's the intention. You have to design the mbox sizes
in a way that thins is OK for your application.

> I'd rather not change the lwip stack code. But perhaps it is possible
> to replace all calls to sys_mbox_trypost with sys_mbox_post instead?

Why would you need that? Sys_mbox_trypost is meant to work from ISR, too, so
converting it is no a good idea.

> I however have no idea what impact that would have on the stack, but
> maybe Kieran or Simon has a clue on that impact?
>
> >> Is there a way to know how many mbox:es that will be created in
> >> the system?

I think one for the tcpip_thread and one for every netconn or socket (used for
RX packets for normal connections or accepted connections for TCP listeners).

Simon