lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SYS mbox

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SYS mbox
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:50:32 +0100

Per Klint wrote:
I'd rather not change the lwip stack code. But perhaps it is possible
to replace all calls to sys_mbox_trypost with sys_mbox_post instead?
Why would you need that?
To avoid to lose any messages!
But if it needs to work from ISR it's ofcourse not an option to do that.

And let me add to that that you would risk a deadlock when convertin all _trypost calls to blocking calls: the thread that would drain the mbox might be blocked trying to execute something in the tcpip_thread.

In general, RX packets (from netif to lwIP or from lwIP to your application) are just dropped when an mbox is full.

The only other place where sys_mbox_trypost is used is tcpip_callback, which is used by the application only (or from other functions wich return an error code if tcpip_callback fails).

Simon