lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Need info !!

From: David Empson
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Need info !!
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:20:55 +1300

LWIP doesn't have a makefile because it is not a standalone application and cannot be used directly in the form it is distributed.

At a minimum, you need a suitable set of hardware drivers which allow LWIP to access your network interface, platform-specific files which integrate into whichever operating system you are using (or implement the required features if you don't have an operating system), compiler-specific and platform-specific settings in various header files, a configuration header file (lwipopts.h) which specifies how LWIP should operate for you, and an application to actually use LWIP. In some cases you may need to modify parts of the LWIP source code to fit with how it needs to work for you.

Therefore your question is still not phrased well enough for anyone to answer it usefully. What you need is probably a port of LWIP for the ARM9 platform, which is compatible with your particular compiler, Ethernet hardware and operating system, and which supports the feature set of LWIP you need. You haven't specified what any of those are, so nobody can point you in the direction of an existing port. If there is no compatible existing port, you will have adapt one for your platform, or create one yourself.

LWIP has a set of contributed files which include example applications demonstrating how to use LWIP's various APIs, and example ports for running LWIP on Windows or Linux (including makefiles for that environment), which are also useful for testing your application which will be using LWIP.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip/lwip-contrib.git/

A useful resource is the LWIP wiki, at http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/LwIP_Wiki, which includes a fair amount of information about how to use LWIP and adapt it to your platform.