lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.4.1 released

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP 1.4.1 released
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:30:02 +0100

bernard wrote:
> BTW, which version the IPv6 feature will be enable officially?

Given our limited developer resources, v1.4.1 will be the end of the 1.4.x
branch (unless someone finds a really critical bug in 1.4.1 which convinces us
of the need to do a 1.4.2).

This also means that the next official release (1.5.0) will be based on the
master branch which includes Ivan's new IPv6 code and supports dual-stack.

As this code already seems pretty stable, I'm planning to release a 1.5.x beta
as soon as I find the time. (However, given the 3 months delay we just saw for
1.4.x, this can take some time, too.)

Summed up, I cannot tell you a time frame for 1.5.0, but an official lwIP
release supporting IPv6 shouldn't be too far away :-)

Simon