lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] setting up multiple UDP connections with same prio and

From: mgirke
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] setting up multiple UDP connections with same prio and different data to send
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 02:09:36 -0700 (MST)

Yes I know UDP ist connectionless.

In the first place I wanted to use Multicast but since my WLAN module
doesn´t support Multicast I need to find another way.

What I am simplified doing is:

conn = netconn_new(NETCONN_UDP);

netconn_bind(conn, NULL, 10001);

netconn_sendto(conn, buf, &remote_ip_addr, 10001);

I can send data to multiple clients using multiple xtasks all using
different ports (10001++). But in that way I am wasting bandwidth of my
module since it is sending the same data X times instead of only once to
multiple remote IP addresses.

Any idea to avoid that?

Thanks!