lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Advise on PPPoS implementation

From: Raivis
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Advise on PPPoS implementation
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:22:07 +0000

Hi,

I just connected the satellite modem to the micro-controller, and I get the same results. Where I'm able to establish the PPP session, but it won't connect to my TCP server.

I wanted to ask, is there a debug define I can enable which would let me know what bytes it tried to transfer over the serial? So I'm able to verify that, that is actually working?

Best Regards.

Raivis Strogonovs

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Sylvain Rochet <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 12:34:16PM +0100, Raivis wrote:

> Any other ideas, what I should be looking for or what could be the cause?

I'm confident lwIP isn't the problem here, you can still enable PPP
debugging PPP_DEBUG and PPP print packet support with PRINTPKT_SUPPORT.
Since you are having an issue with IP packets you might want to remove
packet print filtering in the ppp_dump_packet() function.

Anyway, this is the first time we hear of IP packets not working at all
once PPP session is properly established. We usually have to deal with
session establishment issues and, unfortunately usual, threading issues
in packet input path.

Sylvain