lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Advise on PPPoS implementation

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Advise on PPPoS implementation
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 16:52:18 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 03:22:07PM +0000, Raivis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just connected the satellite modem to the micro-controller, and I get the
> same results. Where I'm able to establish the PPP session, but it won't
> connect to my TCP server.
>
> I wanted to ask, is there a debug define I can enable which would let me
> know what bytes it tried to transfer over the serial? So I'm able to verify
> that, that is actually working?

You can easily add one in your serial low level driver, which is even a
better place than before we call low level handlers; your driver might
still drop an output buffer for whatever reason.

Anyway, as previously said, enabling PPP_DEBUG, PRINTPKT_SUPPORT, and
removing IP filters in ppp_dump_packet(), is, in my opinion, the first
thing to do.

Sylvain