lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Corrupted ETH Rx Buffer in STM32H7 with TCP protocol

From: Indan Zupancic
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Corrupted ETH Rx Buffer in STM32H7 with TCP protocol
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 15:41:49 +0200

Hello Halid,

On 2022-05-31 15:11, Halid YESSOUFOU wrote:
I come by this message because I meet it seems to me that the layer LWIP meets a problem. Indeed, when I receive small packets of data via TCP, all goes well.
However, when I receive large data packets, some data are corrupted.
The corrupted data is in the middle of the packet.

This is probably because the ST driver releases the DMA buffers before you have
handled the data. It tries to do zero copy, but does it wrong.

While doing my research I found out that someone had a similar problem to mine,
but there was no answer.

The ST provided lwIP drivers and their Ethernet HAL driver are known to be buggy, although things may have improved with newer STM32CubeMX releases. Please don't blame lwIP. If you are using the newest ST software and it's still buggy, please
contact ST for support.

We have lwIP running stable and without any issues on STM32H7 for years now, but we wrote our own lwIP ethernet driver and fixed ST's HAL Ethernet driver.

Greetings,

Indan