lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Corrupted ETH Rx Buffer in STM32H7 with TCP protocol

From: Rogier Wolff
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Corrupted ETH Rx Buffer in STM32H7 with TCP protocol
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 15:55:01 +0200

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 03:41:49PM +0200, Indan Zupancic wrote:
> This is probably because the ST driver releases the DMA buffers
> before you have handled the data. It tries to do zero copy, but does
> it wrong.

The other option is that the cache is corrupting things. You need to
properly flush the caches after the DMA-into-a-buffer and before
accessing the data.

I didn't have exactly the same setup as you, but possibly the same
source of the problem. I spent quite a lot of time on that issue...

        Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** https://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2049110 **
**    Delftechpark 11 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands.  KVK: 27239233    **