lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] stay logged in

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] stay logged in
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 19:07:25 -0500 (EST)

I agree with this perspective.
Speaking personally, this is exactly why I can still reach the basic view of my gmail account here at shellworld. and why I lost access to my secondary one previously associated with my second shellworld account setup. The google account related cookies in my lynx_cookies file tell gmail who I am and remember each time I choose my gmail bookmark from my file of bookmarks.
These cookies are renewed from time to time, but they still work.
When google started changing things, i failed to keep the stay signed in box for my research gmail account checked...and can no longer reach that account via gmail's web reader. Granted there is a small chance the site in question cannot reach their cookie due to too many cookie file entries, so that may be an avenue to investigate. Oh I thought of another, my archiveofourown account is tied to my cookie in my lynx_cookies file. I am presented with my account information as a result, without having to log in again, based on that cookie.
If all that makes sense.