lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] stay logged in

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] stay logged in
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 17:41:25 +0000 (UTC)

Karen Lewellen dixit:

> Oh I thought of another, my archiveofourown account is tied to my cookie in my
> lynx_cookies file.  I am presented with my account information as a result,
> without having to log in again,  based on that cookie.

Yes, exactly.

AO3 is a bit of a problem recently: when that cookie expires, I need to
login using Firefox, then extract the cookies from its opaque store and
transplant it to Lynx. I’ve scripted such a solution for Firefox 45, it
doesn’t work with current Firefox though because they broke everything,
in an incompatible way, again. This is annoying and websites who assume
that users can (and want to) use e.g. Firefox are… narrow-minded. ☹

bye,
//mirabilos
--
>> Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
> Because I use lynx as browser.
+1
        -- Octavio Alvarez, me and ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ (Mario Lang) on debian-devel