m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems

From: Élie Roux
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 16:42:44 +0200

Dear K. Handa,

> Thank you for the contribution, but your change is not
> backward compatible.  Could you show us the rationale for
> each imcompatible part.

The most annoying bug is explained here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?42656

>  For instance, the change deletes
> the mapping for characters used for sanskrit,

It shouldn't be the case, no. There are some simplifications in the
code, but there should be no such things. Do you have an example of a
regression?

If you talk about gh which used to produce the same as g+h, this is, in
my opinion quite wrong, as there is no such thing in the EWTS
descrption. This is explained in the commits I believe.

> deletes
> a mapping for U+0F76, etc.

This character is an equivalent of 0FB2+0F80 (see
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0F00.pdf), and there is no shortcut
for it in EWTS; the point, as before, is to respect the standard more...

Thank you,
--
Elie