m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems

From: Élie Roux
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] ewts problems
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:39:08 +0200

> Thank you for the file, but I don't understand this part:
>
>  (variable
> - (precomposed
> -  (_"Flag to tell whether or not to generate precomposed characters.
> -If 1, generate precomposed characters if available (e.g. \"ྲྀ\"(U+0F76).
> -If 0, generate only decomposed characters (e.g. \"ྲྀ\" (U+0FB2 U+0F80).")
> + (nfd
> +  (_"Flag to tell whether or not to nfd or NFD Unicode Normalization.
> +If 1, generate NFD (e.g. U+0F76).
> +If 0, generate nfd (e.g. ).")
>    0 0 1))
>
> As far as I know, "U+0F76" is NFC and "U+0FB2 U+0F80" is
> NFD.

Indeed, the description was totally wrong, here is an update.

>  With this change:
>
> -  ("-i" (cond ((= precomposed 0) "ྀ")
> +  ("-i" (cond ((= nfd 1) "ྀ")
>             ((= @-1 ?ྲ) "ྲྀ")
>             ((= @-1 ?ླ) "ླྀ")
>             (1 "ྀ")))
>
> you change the default behavor from NFD to NFC.

Indeed

>  But if you
> want to do that, just change the default value of
> "precomposed" to 1 is enough; you don't have to introduce a
> variable of opposite meaning

In fact this is a very pragmatic change: On
http://www.nongnu.org/m17n/manual-en/m17nDBTutorial.html I was unable to
find how to define a variable and how to set its default value, and I
found no other example than 0 0 1 in the other .mim files. So I tried a
few things, but I found no way of setting the default to 1 in my
interface (iBus). Also, there is certainly a bug in iBus somewhere, as
changing the value in it doesn't seem to have any effect...

So how can I get the value to be 1 by default? And it is a good thing,
knowing that it seem to be always 0 by default on iBus?

> (and anyway, the name "nfd" is
> misleading).

would 'decomposed' be better?

Thank you,