m17n-list

[m17n-list] .mim Syntax Options

From: Blinkenlichten
Subject: [m17n-list] .mim Syntax Options
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 12:19:44 +0200

Dear list members,

after having completed different versions of an input systems for the rather
rare Róng/Lepcha script for OS X, Windows (MSKLC, Keyman, Autohotkey) and Linux
(XKB), I consider to give m17n a try as well.

As far as I see from an initial survey into the respective files, Lepcha is
already listed in the SCRIPT.tab and SCRIPT.tbl files. My guess is, thus, that
my main job would be to provide an icon and to compose a lep.mim file. Going
through some .mim samples, I have the impression that these just 'translate'
Latin output into a different script. However, I'd like to assign output to
specific physical keys in order to have a consistent layout and typing
experience across platforms and keyboard types. Hence my question to the
experts:

- Instead of "a" in the first column, for example, can I use key codes (key
<AC01> ) or scan codes (SC01E)?

- Instead of "अ" in the second column, for example, can I use Unicode (U+0905
or &#x0905) codepoints?

Best thanks for your kind help.     Steff