m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] .mim Syntax Options

From: Blinkenlichten
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] .mim Syntax Options
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 05:51:59 +0200

Consistent keycodes are available, indeed. For example, the tenth key to the
right of caps lock may carry a lot of different labels depending on language
and keyboard type.

However, you can unmistakably address this physical key

in Mac OS X with                key code="41"

in Windows with         SC027 or VK_OEM_7

in Linux/X11 with               key <AC10>

However, the insight that uim libraries provide translation explains the fact
that I had to install uim in order to get my compose sequences working. The
tool translates sequential outputs into a new output.

Best thanks for your help!     Steff