m17n-list

Re: How to map non printing characters in mim file?

From: David Mandelberg
Subject: Re: How to map non printing characters in mim file?
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 14:15:28 -0500

It's been a while since I've looked at any m17n stuff, but I think this is the specification I learned from: https://www.nongnu.org/m17n/manual-en/m17nDBFormat.html#mdbIM

From INPUT-METHOD, I think I followed the definitions to (in order) MAP-LIST, MAP, RULE, MAP-ACTION, ACTION, INSERT, then finally INTEGER. The top of the page shows the format for INTEGER, and I think I just assumed inserting an INTEGER would mean inserting that Unicode code point.

Op 15-02-2021 om 06:19 schreef Ajith R:
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Great to know that we can specify unicode values
directly.
By "specification", I meant the source where details like this are written.
Even though you may not know about a specification file, may be you can tell me from
where you got this info (that we can specify unicode values directly).

Thanks,
ajith

On Monday 15 February 2021, 1:32:14 AM IST, David Mandelberg