maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Discussing the implementation of the cache feature

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Discussing the implementation of the cache feature
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 23:26:14 +0200

Hi,

Le 5 sept. 09 à 22:44, Thomas Petazzoni a écrit :

Do you think we should implement these things before publicly
announcing the web service ?

IMO, « the better is the enemy of the best », and we've already
polished the web service sufficiently.

No, as you said I think we should leave the service as-is (with the Title fix of course) for the first public announcement. We'll make this optimization later down the road -- because that's what it is, an optimization. And "premature optimization is the root of all evil" :-)

- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni
address@hidden