maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Discussing the implementation of the cache feature

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Discussing the implementation of the cache feature
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:12:02 +0200

Hello !

Maxime Petazzoni <address@hidden> writes:

> As for the cache issue, I think for now we can keep a simple queue (and
> thus have a valid number a requests). Later, we can automatically
> complete a new request by attaching it the latest available file for the
> same city (with a N days limit, as we mentioned). But it should still be
> a new request -- not just a redirect to the matching /job/<id>.

Regarding this feature, it would also be useful to have a threshold on
maximum queue size. If this queue is too big (e.g. 100 real jobs
waiting), we show an error message telling the user to come later.

What do you think of it?

Yours,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A