maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 08:28:25 +0200

Hello,

[ The list configuration is really strange: as soon as you're sending
  me e-mails directly + Cc: to the list, it seems I only receive them
  directly, and not through the list anymore. Is it a configuration
  mistake on my side ? More generally, it'd be better if we could avoid
  Cc'ing all the people that are subscribed to the list. ]

Le Tue, 08 Sep 2009 08:16:30 +0200,
David Decotigny <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Well, I was thinking about yet another solution. Something like:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/ocitysmap/coords.py#n66

Hum, yes, right, we can put a limit of a distance in both ways. That
would be similar to what I wanted to do.

> PS: BTW, Thomas, did you come across this patch:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/maposmatic-dev/2009-09/msg00049.html

Oh, yes, sorry, I forgot to send the "Pulled and pushed, thanks" for
this patch. The reason is that this patch was a looot harder to apply
than the others. It's because it didn't apply properly due to conflicts
with a patch from Maxime. But when there's a conflict, "git am" doesn't
do anything, it doesn't let you fix the conflict manually. I therefore
had to make a little bit of research before finding a solution:

 1. Create a new branch that starts at a point were your patch applied
    cleanly

 2. Apply your patch in the branch with git am

 3. Merge the branch into the master branch

 4. Fix the conflicts

So, as of now, all the patches sent to the list should have been
integrated.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--