maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Implementing bbox limitation
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:39:39 +0200

Hello Thomas,

2009/9/7 Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden>:
> I started thinking about implementing the bbox limitation. I think the
> best way is to ask PostGIS what is the size of the area, and put a
> limit on the area size (and not a limit in degrees in one direction or
> another).

Well, your approach seems much too complicated to me: a request to the
database, computations and conversions. Why not just limit the extent
in degrees for latitudes and longitudes? You can do this on the Django
side, without any overhead. Moreover, the area size limit is just an
approximation.

Yours,
d.