metacosm-dev

[Metacosm-dev] LowLevelDescription-RFC comments

From: Laurent PEREIRA
Subject: [Metacosm-dev] LowLevelDescription-RFC comments
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:49:48 +0200

Hi,

Some comments about LowLevelDescription-RFC :

- definition : The low level description is the set of attributes used to
describe Creatures, Items, Places and Actions, the possible values, etc.

I find it really light.
I would add that it is the internal format of descriptions before it is served
to players and transformed by metacosm clients to text, sound or graphics.

- attributes
You use exclusively the term of 'attribute' whereas we used 'property' until
now.
As attributes are properties as defined by Property-RFC, there is no reason to
change their name.

- The shape tree
This is a good idea that can be applied to other descriptions like activity ids
for instance.
But I don't know how we will define trees : XML ?

-  The perception system (as described inPerceptions-RFC) will transmit
information defined like a triplet (medium,intensity, attribute).

There is no example about the use of the intensity for descriptions.
For instance if a character is shouting (high intensity), the text will be
displayed in upper case.

Jansel