metacosm-dev

Re: [Metacosm-dev] LowLevelDescription-RFC comments

From: Laurent PEREIRA
Subject: Re: [Metacosm-dev] LowLevelDescription-RFC comments
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:59:06 +0200

>  --- Benoît Sibaud <address@hidden> a écrit
> >
> > An Entity description uses LLD attributes in
> > Properties (not defined/clear
> > in Entity-RFC iirc). But in transmission and
> > perception, LLD attributes
> > won't be stored in Properties, as far as I can see.

All right. This was not clear before.

> > > - The shape tree
> > > This is a good idea that can be applied to other
> > descriptions like
> > > activity ids for instance. But I don't know how we
> > will define trees :
> > > XML ?
> >
> > A tree is planned for activities, but no yet
> > written. In the LLD system
> > data, the tree is just an item and it's parent name
> > (so there is a tree
> > constructed in memory on the server, on the telnet
> > converters and on the
> > client). Trees are not transmitted. Why XML? Did I
> > miss the point?

As you added XML in the last version, I think you got the point.
I just thought about something else : how the server will decide which
description from the tree will be send ? For instance, if the stimulus contain
'human' then the Entity will perceive one of unknown, animal, biped, humanoid,
and human. There is no rule to make the selection from the perception level.
I suggest to associate a perception level to each no of the tree, except for
the root.
Ex : human 1
     humanoid 0.5
     biped 0
     animal -1
The Entity must have perceived higher than the perception level to get more
precise descriptions
Ex :
1.5 => human
0.5 => humanoid