Re: monit/process sysdep.c

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit/process sysdep.c
Date: 12 Sep 2002 02:44:02 +0200

Rory Toma <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually, I believe it is generic socket stuff. The connection tests
> also fail with various errors.

Ehh, well it's probably logical with the TIME_WAIT error poping up,
but does this means that monit hasn't worked on FreeBSD for a while? I
have spoken with people using monit on FreeBSD but that was a long
time ago.

Gurgle! I just browsed through Steven's network book and read about
TIME_WAIT, it seems to occur during closing of a socket. If this is
the case monit probably never manage to open a socket or the socket
closes immediately. I'm not sure where to start on this one, could it
be problems with the socket options we set, blocking/non-blocking
mode, the socket library...