SSL

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: SSL
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:37:17 +0200 (CEST)

Moin!

Mhh, I have a version which is able to test https (<- look at the
s!!!! (-: ), pop3s and imaps seamlessly in the monit environment.
And of course I was able to test ssl failures, too.

But... I had to change all the "protocols" which now use functions
called "port_send" and "port_recv" they do nothing else like "sock_.*"
but they use the Port_T type instead of a socket and they use SSL if
needed. This enables me to put the ssl connection in the Port_T type.

New is the TYPE TCPSSL, with is nothing else but TCP with SSL. (-: I
don't think that UDP with SSL is anyways supported.

I haven't touched anything in the monit "server" yet... I am a
puny coward. (-:  I want to have the ssl "client" code running first.
But code in ssl.c does already support servers... but I have only
tested single threaded servers, yet.

I have run successes on Solaris 2.7 and it compiles without problems
on Debian/Linux for Sparc.

What's the status...

* docs are missing )-:... But the code has already docs.
* you HAVE TO compile with openssl... without openssl monit won't even
  compile now
* the configure.ac stuff is a bit ugly... it's taken from stunnel. It
  was the first code I saw so I have used it
* gc routines are there... but not yet inserted in the monit system

So if you (all) want... I can sync it.

Btw... I gonna go on Friday for one week to Berkeley, CA, so I won't
be really reachable on the list.... I mean if problems come up.  Or
you just miss me. (-:

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113