Re: SSL

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: SSL
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:01:50 +0200 (CEST)

On 25 Sep 2002, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I haven't touched anything in the monit "server" yet... I am a
> > puny coward. (-:  I want to have the ssl "client" code running first.
> > But code in ssl.c does already support servers... but I have only
> > tested single threaded servers, yet.
>
> The http server is running in a single thread and the code and design
> should be fairly easy. The whole http server code was a one week hack,
> so you may find stuff there you would want to change, please do so if
> you find anything.

I can do it when I am back... or if somebody else can't wait for it.
Everybody is free to hack in the code.

> > What's the status...
> >
> > * docs are missing )-:... But the code has already docs.
> > * you HAVE TO compile with openssl... without openssl monit won't even
> >   compile now
>
> We should probably use a configure switch like configure --with-ssl
> and test for a certain define in the code.

There is only a --with-ssl in the configure to find the place where the
ssl stuff is resided.  The NONSSL support is on todo with high
priority.

> > * the configure.ac stuff is a bit ugly... it's taken from stunnel. It
> >   was the first code I saw so I have used it
> > * gc routines are there... but not yet inserted in the monit system
> >
> > So if you (all) want... I can sync it.
>
> If it compiles and work. Checking in code that does not compile is a
> no-no :-)

It even works. (-: And it's synced now.

> > Btw... I gonna go on Friday for one week to Berkeley, CA, so I won't
> > be really reachable on the list.... I mean if problems come up.  Or
> > you just miss me. (-:
>
> We'll miss you! Take care and have a nice week. I visited Berkeley a
> couple of years ago, the campus is very nice. You should visit
> Alcatraz also, just make sure you don't get looked up in a cell.

I was to Berkeley already 4 times (and twice this year (-: ).  I have
seen Alcatraz just form the outside on a boat tour.  But I gonna be
back on the first Monday in October.

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113