Re: SSL

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: SSL
Date: 25 Sep 2002 16:02:07 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> I haven't touched anything in the monit "server" yet... I am a
> puny coward. (-:  I want to have the ssl "client" code running first.
> But code in ssl.c does already support servers... but I have only
> tested single threaded servers, yet.

The http server is running in a single thread and the code and design
should be fairly easy. The whole http server code was a one week hack,
so you may find stuff there you would want to change, please do so if
you find anything.

> What's the status...
>
> * docs are missing )-:... But the code has already docs.
> * you HAVE TO compile with openssl... without openssl monit won't even
>   compile now

We should probably use a configure switch like configure --with-ssl
and test for a certain define in the code.

> * the configure.ac stuff is a bit ugly... it's taken from stunnel. It
>   was the first code I saw so I have used it
> * gc routines are there... but not yet inserted in the monit system
>
> So if you (all) want... I can sync it.

If it compiles and work. Checking in code that does not compile is a
no-no :-)

> Btw... I gonna go on Friday for one week to Berkeley, CA, so I won't
> be really reachable on the list.... I mean if problems come up.  Or
> you just miss me. (-:

We'll miss you! Take care and have a nice week. I visited Berkeley a
couple of years ago, the campus is very nice. You should visit
Alcatraz also, just make sure you don't get looked up in a cell.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland