Re: Question

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Question
Date: 24 Nov 2002 16:10:01 +0100

<address@hidden> writes:

> So, probably the only thing that it could be is that I'm somehow
> stomping on monitrc's timestamp/checksum data, causing a reload.

Somehow I don't think reloading of the monitrc file is the cause of
the problem, if that was the case you could easily check this since
the first thing do_reinit does is to write the log message,
"Reinitializing.."

I think the problem lies elsewhere; and as you can see, if a process
is started, the do_validate flag is set to TRUE and if stopped to
FALSE and I'll suspect that you will find the problem in control.c
since the depend code you submitted does (or at least did) several,
start/stop/start cycles, which will do funny and unpredictable things
with the do_validate flag.

> In any case, I'll keep the code that makes a copy of processlist
> before blowing it away, and sets p->do_validate correctly.  I can
> probably get everything functional tomorrow, but it'll probably be
> next week before I get something nice and cleaned up to check in.

Okay, if you feel that it will take some time before you can finalize
this function (because of e.g. daytime work) and would like some help,
let us know :)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland