RE: Question

From: Rory Toma
Subject: RE: Question
Date: 25 Nov 2002 15:26:43 -0800

OK, I'll check it in.

check_process() has been changed to pass a flag to tell me whether to
toggle do_validate or not. We don't want validate() changing the values
of do_validate, that should only be done by running monit or from the
web interface.

The problem I'm running into is that I turn do_validate to FALSE from
monit, but it gets set back in p.y to TRUE, so it doesn't stay set.

In any case, I've gotten the code to a point where we don't start
anything w/o stopping it first. Once I get the above problem fixed, I
can probably even eliminate that, as well, so we would only start things
once ever.

I'm going to check in the code with do_validate initialized to 4, as it
makes debugging easier.