Re: Proposal: Change directory layout

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Proposal: Change directory layout
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:47:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> The build directory looks a bit messy. Should we change it and move
> all source files into a new src directory. A release directory will
> then look something like this:
>
> hauk:[/tmp/monit-4.0]ls
> CHANGES.txt   contrib/      doc/     Makefile.in  README      STATUS
> configure*    CONTRIBUTORS  FAQ.txt  monitrc      README.SSL  UPGRADE.txt
> configure.ac  COPYING       LICENSE  PLATFORMS    src/
>
> Where src/ contains source files and directories. What do you think?

Lets do it after releasing 4.0... or?  But anyways I am not only +1 for it
and not +10 for it I am +100 for it! (-:  I require a m4/ in the main
tree!  Please put also ALL the docs in DOC.  Should also think whether to
name Textfiles with ".txt" or not... I think without .txt would be okay.
But we do have a common layout!

> Ps. Anyone know how a directory can be removed on a remote CVS server?
>     I'm not sure if, 'cvs remove dir/' will work.

The man page doesn't say anything specific about it... maybe it's like the
add command!

CHopp

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113