Re: status 4.1

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: status 4.1
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:17:04 +0200

The only[1] missing item now before a 4.1 release is refactoring of
the release and CVS directory. The problem here is that we cannot
remove the top-level directory monit/ from cvs since then all our
previous releases will be lost. The solution is to create a new
parallel top-level directory called for instance monit4/

Is this name okay? Another option that I think I prefer is to release
4.1 now as is and later refactor the cvs. The reason is that there is
a few important bugfixes and new features in 4.1 that should be
released soon. After the 4.1 release it will be more quite around here
and we can take time to refactor.

So I suggest that we release monit 4.1 (beta) now as is. Options?

[1] The latest discussion on the SMTP refactoring is postponed to a
later release.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland