Re: [Possible protocol]

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [Possible protocol]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 01:08:14 +0100

Hi,

we don't know your configuration ... generaly: the protocols implementation is the same for ssl and non-ssl. There is general ssl transport layer which is enabled by the 'type tcpssl' option in the testing rule.

For example:

--8<--
 check host xyzzy with address xyzzy.org
       if failed port 443 type TCPSSL proto http then alert
--8<--

(see monit manual for more details)

Martin

Debrard Sébastien wrote:
Hi !

As describes in the documentation, monit with ssl support accepts the
following protocols: HTTPS, FTPS, POPS and IMAPS (post-it: maybe the dev
team should add SMTPS).

I think there is probably a mistake because I can't find any references
to theses protocols in the code source (from the cvs) and monit
complains when I try to use IMAPS, HTTPS, etc.

Séb.