Re: [Possible protocol]

From: Debrard Sébastien
Subject: Re: [Possible protocol]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:50:01 +0100

Le mer 21/12/2005 à 01:08, Martin Pala a écrit :
> Hi,

[..]

> --8<--
>   check host xyzzy with address xyzzy.org
>         if failed port 443 type TCPSSL proto http then alert
> --8<--

The documentation says:
"proto(col):PROTO {protocols}. Optionally specify the protocol monit
should speak when a connection is established. At the moment monit knows
how to speak HTTP, SMTP, FTP, POP, IMAP, MYSQL, NTP3, NNTP, SSH, DWP,
LDAP2, LDAP3, RDATE, DNS, POSTFIX-POLICY, APACHE-STATUS and RSYNC and if
you have compiled monit with ssl support, monit can also speak HTTPS,
FTPS, POPS and IMAPS."

So with your example, the configuration could be:

        check host xyzzy with address xyzzy.org
                if failed port 443 proto https then alert

But I didn't find any lines in the source code to do this with the
protocols pops, imaps, ftps. It seems to work only whit the protocol
https (I didn't test it but I can see it in the file p.y).