monit-general

Re: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 20:22:44 +0200

Hello Ciprian,
you are rigth.

The status "Not monitoring" means ignore the resource.
The status give the information the monitoring mode is "active". But
with "mode passive" the monitor mode became "passive".

For example
Remote Host 'SVNServe'
  status                       Not monitored
  monitoring status            Not monitored
  monitoring mode              active
  on reboot                    laststate
  data collected               Thu, 06 Aug 2020 19:27:47

This is a never ending discussion, the used status and state information
are not well described today, I think.

For services/resources I am interresting in information only I do not
define a start, stop and or restart command. Without a given command,
monit can not do any action. Unfortunately you can not start a process
via monit too.

I use "mode passive" for some resources only and sometimes I use
"if does not exist then alert" to override the automatic start for a
resource.

With regards,
Lutz