monit-general

Re: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 21:20:07 +0200

Hello Ciprian
you are not in a deadlock, as long as you define "mode passive" for a
service monit does not restart the service but send an alert.

> However it seems I'm in a deadlock...  I do want commands to be able
> to use the UI as a simple controller, but I don't want Monit to
> automatically control them itself, but I do want Monit to
> automatically monitor services...  :)
>
> My guess is that there is a missing option in the configuration...

You can define the start/stop/restart commands and use the commands via
the web or m/monit or the command line, this works well.

The option is available, it is "mode passive" or you override the "if
does not exist then start" by "if does not exist then alert".

With regards,
Lutz