Re: [Monotone-devel] current to-do items

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] current to-do items
Date: 11 Sep 2003 16:00:57 -0600

>>>>> "Nathaniel" == Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

Nathaniel> Do you mean that monotone should be like CVS in always
Nathaniel> putting checkouts into a subdirectory (controllable in CVS
Nathaniel> with the -d switch, defaulting to the module name -- maybe
Nathaniel> monotone could default to the branch name?)?  Or are you
Nathaniel> complaining about all source monotone files living in the
Nathaniel> root of the project directory instead of in src/ or
Nathaniel> something?  Both of these seem like things worth fixing,
Nathaniel> but I'm not quite following you :-)

Actually, I don't have a preferred implementation.  I just think that,
by default, "monotone co foo" should not write a bunch of source files
in ".".  Whether this happens because we explicitly structure our
projects to avoid it, or whether monotone handles it automatically,
doesn't matter too much to me, I think.

Tom