[Monotone-devel] current to-do items

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: [Monotone-devel] current to-do items
Date: 06 Sep 2003 15:36:22 -0600

I've been making a list of oddities I've noticed, or things I couldn't
figure out how to do.  I thought I'd send it for discussion and
comment.  Some of these are pretty trivial.  Mostly they center around
the UI.  These are pretty terse, if one is unintelligible, tell me
and I will expand on it.

"monotone foo" should print error, not usage
should exit with status 1

monotone update returns error if nothing to update

monotone stores keys in database
but that seems fragile as the db is transient
(Actually, per another discussion we've had, the db isn't necessarily
transient.  I've changed my approach to be more careful about keys.)

email transmission seems most useful
could configure client pretty easily?

monotone fetch should report what it is doing
like wget or scp...

"see standard output for details" - just remove this and the
"**** error code 1" -- that output isn't useful

prefix error messages with "monotone:"

"monotone annotate"

maybe "monotone status" should print current base revision
(is "sha1sum < MT/manifest" the supported way to get this info?)

"monotone log" or something similar
finding out what changed seems pretty difficult
I've been running lscerts on each manifest key, one by one

should "mv * monotone/" in monotone repository

rm foo.cc; monotone update
should work

how to post changes already made to a local database?

Tom