Re: [Monotone-devel] depot manipulation routines

From: Johannes Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] depot manipulation routines
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:58:26 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 17:04:31 -0500, graydon hoare wrote:
> Johannes Winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This made me wondering about something like
> >   depot.cgi list (list groups)
> > and
> >   depot.cgi remove <group>
> > to remove a group completely from the depot.
>
> sure, those would be easy to add. if you'd be so kind as to file it in
> the BTS, I'll happily throw that, and any other "obvious" depot
> maintenance tasks, in with the next release.
Ok; while I couldn't come up with more ideas for such maintenance tasks,
I added the bug report yesterday.

> I was also considering expanding the "status" command, so that a
> machine could harvest some useful information about your depot (list
> of groups and packets in each, say). what do you think?
This would be a nice feature indeed. How would it look like, something
like
  monotone status depot <url/group> ?

I'm just wondering as up to now "status" is somewhat bound to the
working copy so I'm not sure if I would expect depot query functionality
in the status command... just wondering though.

[modify depot databases]
> > Or is there another way to do this?
>
> sqlite databases, in general, can be manipulated with plain SQL
> statements using the sqlite command shell
Yeah, I thought about that but didn't dare :-)

Best regards, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:address@hidden
Biel, Switzerland                http://jw.tks6.net