Re: [Monotone-devel] depot manipulation routines

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] depot manipulation routines
Date: 11 Nov 2003 18:21:12 -0500

Johannes Winkelmann <address@hidden> writes:

> I have another somewhat related question: after recreating my depot's
> database, I have just issued a commit, and only the latest changes were
> sent to the depot. How can I tell monotone to forget the packets already
> sent to a certain URL (without using the sqlite console client *g*) and
> do a full post?

sorry to keep disappointing, but there's no command to do this
atm. it'll require the sqlite console client (or the equivalent
"monotone debug" command) such as

  delete from sequence_numbers;

or similar. like all these things, it'd be a pretty easy command to
add, we could even connect this with your idea for server status
commands, say:

   monotone server status URL
   monotone server reset URL
   monotone server list / monotone list server (synonyms)
   monotone server complete URL / monotone complete server URL (synonyms)

would those be sufficient?

-graydon