[Monotone-devel] Error in function 9 during a post

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Error in function 9 during a post
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:51:30 -0800

I fetched new packets from Graydon's depot, did an update (forgetting the merge step), did a bit of work in my tree, then did the merge (no conflicts) which reported about 27 packets queued to send to my local depot. The I did the update, which seemed to work fine.

When I did a post, here was the result (Debian Sarge, Monotone 0.7):

address@hidden:~/work/monotone$ monotone post
monotone: no URL provided, posting all queued targets
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden :
Error in function 9
monotone: posted 0 / 641 packets ok
address@hidden:~/work/monotone$ monotone post
monotone: no URL provided, posting all queued targets
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden :
address@hidden:~/work/monotone$ monotone post

I can see "Error in function" in the boost socket library, but apparently whatever got thrown was just swallowed.

My depot responds reasonably to a 'status' call via my web browser, but it doesn't yet have any packets already in it. So I guess I have never actually had monotone successfully connect to my depot. Any debugging hints along those lines?

More odd stuff: You'll notice that it gave the error once, but subsequent runs didn't try to post. After I ran 'make' (to get Graydon's changes), I ran ./monotone post, and it gave the error once, and then not again.

monotone queue list still shows 641 packets. How do I convince it that it needs to try to post them when I say post?

Kevin