Re: [Monotone-devel] Error in function 9 during a post

From: graydon hoare
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error in function 9 during a post
Date: 14 Nov 2003 01:16:39 -0500

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden:~/work/monotone$ monotone post
> monotone: no URL provided, posting all queued targets
> enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden :
> Error in function 9

yeah, it's just a completely stupid error reporting scheme in that
library. we need to fix it up a bit. function 9 is "send()". look at
the enum in socket_errors.hpp.

why send() broke, well, that's an interesting question. I've seen
it fail before, but only transiently.

> monotone queue list still shows 641 packets. How do I convince it that
> it needs to try to post them when I say post?

I'm surprised, it really ought to try to post anything in the outgoing
queue, no matter what. could you run 'post' with --verbose and send
the output?

-graydon