[Monotone-devel] Re: Server up

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Server up
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:46:22 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> As far as I can see, there's no easy way to remove a key, so I had
> to start over (remove the database after making sure I got diffs for
> all things that only exist there, init a new database, ...  you got
> the drift :-)).  I would very much like to see some commands to
> manage keys with added, would that be possible?  I'll see if I can
> think of some ideas to make that safe and elegant at the same time.

By the looks of schema.sql, there's an unsafe and inelegant way:

monotone debug "delete from public_keys where id='address@hidden'"
monotone debug "delete from private_keys where id='address@hidden'"

You could even check that the keys weren't used first:

monotone debug "select hash from manifest_certs where keypair='address@hidden'"

However, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough actually to try it.