Re: [Monotone-devel] deleting branches, keys, etc.

From: Henrik Holmboe
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] deleting branches, keys, etc.
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:59:48 +0200

++ 29/09/04 22:10 -0600 - Derek Scherger:
>Having messed up one too many times and committed something to the wrong
>branch, I was thinking that I might have a go at adding commands for things
>like deleting certs and keys. Coming up with the raw sql to delete these
>things is a bit cumbersome.

I tend to think that is what filesystem backup/restore is for.

This is a version control system, and IMO it should take care of
versions of your commits. If you mess up, there is always the
possiblity to reverse the changes in the source, but still increment
the version. Yes, that means you will have a foul commit in the
history.

Dont try to build every possible function into this tool to cover
scenarios that is not its main purpose.

My 2 cents.

.h

--