Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: deleting branches, keys, etc.

From: Georg-W. Koltermann
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: deleting branches, keys, etc.
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:52:01 +0200

Am Mo, den 04.10.2004 schrieb Peter Simons um 15:04:
> Georg-W Koltermann writes:
>
>  > CVS pragmatically avoids any kind of "undo". You can
>  > modify but not delete.
>
> Check out "cvs admin -o".
>
> Peter

Well, what can I say...  I remember I didn't find that a few years ago
when I learned CVS.  Maybe it didn't exist then, maybe I goofed.

Thanks for the education.

Even so, I still think it wouldn't really hurt if we deferred that
functionality in Monotone, given the increased difficulty by the
distributed nature, and the easier workaround using backup of the
repository (just copy one file instead of a hierarchy).

--
Regards,
Georg.