Re: [Monotone-devel] [from svn list] Case study: Mono switches to Subver

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [from svn list] Case study: Mono switches to Subversion
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:25:15 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:07:02 -0700, Derek Scherger
<address@hidden> said:

derek> The changelog discussion was quite interesting. I've been wondering a
derek> bit about the ChangeLog file in the monotone source verses the
derek> changelog certs recorded by commit and listed by log and why both would
derek> be useful. In particular duplicating the head of the ChangeLog file as
derek> the contents of the changelog cert seems somewhat redundant.

I couldn't agree more.  I find it quite silly, and we could as well
have it generated using something like cvs2cl (monotone2cl, anyone?).
I think ChangeLog is really a tribute to the GNU standard...

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/