Re: [Monotone-devel] a little status update

From: Nathan Froyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] a little status update
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:41:14 -0600

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 02:24:22PM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> Now that I've gotten everyone nice and scared :-) -- it's probably not
> that bad; the worst case scenario is that 0.16 would have to have
> another 0.15-style migration, that might lose rename information and
> some trust information.  But any garbage data is all in Monotone's
> internal bookkeeping structures (and not the most critical parts of
> those, either); your data is still safe.

Does the above migration mean that 0.16 will only convert from 0.15
style databases to 0.16 style database?  Or will there be options for
a 0.14 -> 0.16 conversion as well?  Some of us (crazy, I know) are
holding off on upgrading our 0.1x monotone variants until some of
the dust settles from the changeset rewrite.
--
Nathan | From Man's effeminate slackness it begins.  --Paradise Lost